Welcome to Blyde River Canyon Lodge
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the Blyde River Canyon Lodge?
Located outside Hoedspruit in the Limpopo Province, the lodge is 4.5 hours from Johannesburg and about 2 hours from Nelspruit.
- Is Hoedspruit within a Malaria Area?
Although malaria is endemic to the region, it is considered a low risk. We suggest how ever that you contact your doctor or pharmacist regarding the prophylactics before you travel.
- Are there car rental outlets in the area?
There is a selection of agencies located in the Hoedspruit region.
- Are there any restaurants and shopping facilities?
There are a selection of restaurants and fast food outlets in Hoedspruit, as well as a selection of convenience stores to ensure an excellent choice for picnics or other activities.
- How far is the Kruger National Park ?
There are two entry points within easy reach. Orpen Gate is 40 minute drive away. Phalaborwa Gate is a 1½ hour drive.
- Where is the closest Golf Course?
The Drakensig 9-hole course in Hoedspruit is a mere 20minutes away and Hans Merensky Country Club in Phalaborwa boasts an 18-hole championship course.
- How far is the nearest airport.
Eastgate airport is located in Hoedspruit approximately 40km from the lodge. The Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport in Nelspruit is also close by.